Thursday, June 5, 2008

Moon River

While a few friends and I were going around the city yesterday for our pig-out, we were somehow consistently reminded of very nostalgic times -from old music to stuff from the 90's and even to good ol' comfort food. But there was one very specific thing that I could not shake off as soon as I got home last night. 

While we were at Matina Town Square to chill, get some delicious seafood and basically just to listen to very good acoustic music, the artist suddenly performed one of our most favorite songs... "Moon River." And believe me when I say that I thought she was very good, because as soon as I got home, I was searching for similar acoustic versions of the classic on YouTube. To my dismay, nothing I've found matched up to how well she played the song (with the exception of Audrey Hepburn's version of course). But nonetheless, I found a pretty good version by another artist, Katie Melua. And so, I'm sharing this to everyone because it really is just such a beautiful song about hoping and dreaming... Enjoy!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love that song! =)